Saturday, February 25, 2012

Using social media to advertise

Many companies in America are using social media to do most of their advertising.  On my Facebook home page is a local realtor who is advertising the best service.  Every time I click to go away from my home screen and back his ad refreshes.  At first glimpse I thought that this type of advertising was not very effective. However, after I realized that his pic never goes away and he is on your home screen for days, I changed my mind.  If I want to see what he is about I can just click the button.  I could also just Facebook his name.  The point is that he is always "in your face" on Facebook.  You will eventually learn his name and someday if he advertises long enough, you will click it to check him out.  I finally did!  The power of advertising, it works!  This will change the way businesses advertise their products and make the first ones in the space the major players.  This will create a fabulous opportunity for people to start small Facebook businesses on the side.  They will be able to design and create all kinds of Facebook advertising for Nicaraguan based businesses. The companies who get into the social media first will prosper the most from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment