Thursday, February 2, 2012

iPhone 4 in high demand in Nicaragua

While in Nicaragua I wandered into a cell phone store in the busy downtown Leòn area and asked a Merchant point blank "How much will you give me for my iPhone 4?"  He looked at it and checked it out and looked down at the ground and said "$400."  Okay I said and started to walk away and he quickly said $500.  I turned and asked him how many he would be willing to buy at that price and he said 50 to start.  Wow. That's a fabulous start.  I asked him if I brought a 100 would he be able to move them and he said yes.  I can buy them here for nothing and sell them there for double.  Question is how many can you seriously get in there and how many can they really buy once your standing on the streets of Leòn with a bag full of iPhones?  Great questions. Unfortunately you must risk a hell of a lot to find out the answers.  You would not be able to walk through customs with that type of package either as they are not stupid.  They would like a new iPhone just as well and will help themselves to your bounty!  If a person were able to get the new iPhones into that country they still will need to break the code in all of them as well.  This costs about $20-30 US dollars as well.  Still not too bad.  There are several places that claim they can break the code on the iPhones no problem for that small fee.  So the question is how do you get into the country with a suitcase full of iPhones?  Driving down from Mexico does not count! You would never make it assuming you got past the border.   Happy surfing.  Any questions please shoot me an email.
Look at her getting more money out of me.  I told her two for one and her hand signal says two for two, tough business lady.  I was thinking "should I pay her or just marry her?" I am already getting abused.

No comments:

Post a Comment